Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Missing Ornaments

DSCF3104 DSCF3106 DSCF3108 DSCF3112 DSCF3025a

This Christmas has been felt like a rush to me
I didn't get the chance to go home until 2 nights before Christmas eve
My house also had been having repairs here and there
Therefore we didn't have any Christmas tree or other decoration
until two days before Christmas
Well, that rarely happen to our house, or perhaps never before

When my family finally decorating the tree
It was right after we got home and it was already late night
I couldn't help it and fell asleep right away, that I missed 'the moment'
The next day I woke up the most early
I found the Christmas tree all decorated, but lacking of some things
Which are the red ball ornaments, which is my favourite ornament
My mama must have misplaced the box full of them,
that no one couldn't find it on the previous night

So, I spent the morning looking for that box in our storage room
The storage room was dark because the lamp wasn't working
and the boxes were stored in the highest level of the shelves
I got annoyed that I even climb to looked for it and scratch myself a little
but still couldn't find it, even until now
It got me furious for a while until I realized that it was not important at all
Yes, 'the moment' only comes once a year, but that is not the point of Christmas.
So I finally laugh it off, and tried to focus on
the real importance of Christmas, which is the birth of Jesus.
I even find that even without the red ball ornaments
the tree still look pretty with all the simplicity.

On the Christmas day my family eventually decided
to buy a whole new theme of the ornaments
No longer red, but more of white and a little bit of gold
I, then, became more sure that I was such a fool to get annoyed
just because of some missing ornaments

P.S.
That doesn't mean that we'll just forget about the red ornaments
We'll use it again perhaps when they finally pop up again somewhere in our house
Why there's a picture of little me there?
I found it when I was searching around the storage room
When i was still upset I comforted myself
thinking at least i found something, haha



No comments:

Post a Comment