Thursday, June 30, 2016

Light The Candle

This, was quoted from Eleanor Roosevelt. Yes, she was Franklin D. Roosevelt's wife, once the first lady of the US. She was a great lady, she has changed the role of a first lady from staying in the background to be an influence of the country's politics. She was dare to spoke out in issues such as expanding women roles in workplace and the civil rights of African American and Asian American rights. During her period of becoming a first lady, she gave some press conferences and has her own newspaper column called "My Day".

I actually just did a quick research of who's the woman behind all these wise quotes I found on pinterest (yes she has quite a number of popular quotes!), but then it got interesting. That is why I would like to share it, and I hope it would inspire you guys just like it inspired me.

I found a biography website which is great and easy to read. Here's the link to Eleanor Roosevelt bio.

About the quote itself (I almost forgot), it really hit me to stop complaining and start to do something!



Follow my lettering account on instagram @gletters



No comments:

Post a Comment